8.05.2010

a self-indulgent piece

Remember this girl? The sad, disenchanted me of yore who had all but given up hope? Toiling away in the bowels of Western Washington, waiting for her ship to come in when she was nowhere near a shore? I remember. I want to hold her, stroke her hair and tell her it's all going to be all right. Don't get me wrong: I wasn't completely miserable. I was only miserable for half my waking life. But I had Brett, the girls, and gallivanting aplenty. And there was always the shopping. Lots and LOTS of the shopping.

But I wanted to take a moment to bring you up to speed on my new life. Let's call it heidi v2.0. I really love and appreciate that all of you have been emailing and calling to check in. It means a lot. But back to my life. It's been, in a word (or two), freaking amazeballs. The glow is back in my complexion, my creativity has been rejuvenated, the twinkle has returned to my eye. I am doing what I love. With people I adore.

I'm writing. A lot. I spend my days scouring the web to cover the latest breaking news on celebrities and television. And gossip. And fashion. Really? It doesn't get any better. I am literally gorging myself on the wholesome goodness of the superficial. And I'm loving every second.

I know I've been about as flighty as a stairwell lately but stay tuned and I'll bring you up to speed with a new, improved version of a day in the life of a (working) bonne vivante.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something nice!