8.18.2010

wednesday's winning style

*Please note: I recognize that there's a certain amount of vanity associated with this post. For that, I apologize.

Back in the day when my mind idled away in Issaquah, I used to amuse myself by naming my "looks" and giving myself an appropriately corresponding name. For instance, if I looked Swedish (wore a lot of colour and Marikmekko style prints) then I would call myself Lotta. It's a habit that I kind of miss and want to get back into.

I loved my outfit today. Honestly, I love my outfit every day...but this little number had me feeling like a princess: I paired a bronze sequin skirt with a mustard bejeweled wool tank, pretty Kate Spade baubles and handmade Quoddy boots. If I channel my aforementioned habits, I would say that I look like a bohemian glam art dealer who lives in Soho. My name would probably be Ariella or Luciella or something equally as fancy sounding.

Let it be known that while sequined skirts are absolutely darling, they itch like hell and should be avoided at all costs. Unless you're like me and insist on playing dress-up every single day. And really like sparkly accoutrement.

One of the things I love about fashion is that it tells a story. It says how I feel, how I want to portray myself, what I like and what I want to be. Even though today I didn't want to feel quite so itchy.

1 comment:

  1. Keep those "outfit of the day" posts coming! Those are my favorite kind of blogs :)

    ReplyDelete

Say something nice!