6.11.2010

keeping it classy

It's not often we're lucky enough to catch a glimpse of our co-worker's true feelings for us. Today, that fortuitous moment came for me when a co-worker (a 37 year old adult child) inadvertently sent an email about me....to me. It could not have come at a more perfect time considering the fact that I'm on my way out the door in t minus three work days. I'll let the email correspondence speak for itself, for fear I'll say too much and might sour its brilliance.

And now, for your enjoyment....Take a peek at the glorious inner-workings of a corporate environment.


















I chose not to respond to her last bit of correspondence. I know I'm not always successful in my endeavor, but I feel as though it's important to keep it classy as much as and whenever possible. To me, seeing this was on the one hand completely hysterical, and on the other- a little disheartening. I hope I don't sound bitter in talking about this strange little passing of events
because that's not at all the case.

Receiving the aforementioned unsolicited email was a great lesson for me. I've always been a people pleaser, have wanted people to like me and would always go to great lengths to ensure that that happened. It's taken me a long time to realize that you can't please everyone and not everyone is going to like you- no matter what you do. And you know what? I'm okay with that.

1 comment:

  1. I am so very proud of how you handled such an unfortunate "situation." You have always been there for me - good days and bad. I truly consider you a friend for life. I am not happy that you are leaving me (for selfish reasons) but I am thrilled that you are finally able to spread your wings, to use all your creative juices in your newest adventure! Fly little one... don't even look over your shoulder on your way out! ma

    ReplyDelete

Say something nice!