6.04.2010

pluto got screwed

My girlfriend Kristin and I were partaking of a celebratory lunch at Q'doba (more on the reasons for celebrating later...) and the discussion of starfish came up. I'm not sure how we start talking about the things we do, but that's not the point. Apparently starfish are no longer actually called starfish, but rather seastars? When did this happen and why did I not get the memo? Why are we renaming things? Is "starfish" really that confusing of an appellation?

This got me to thinking about Pluto. I know it's not breaking news that Pluto is no longer a planet, but this is in the same vein as changing something's name... Here we are giving Pluto this awesome "planet" badge, and then we rip it off his chest. Isn't that kind of like Jay Leno taking back The Tonight Show? Let's all take a moment for Pluto.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something nice!