6.10.2010

words of wisdom from the cube

Leaving a post that I've been guarding for four years feels completely surreal and I still can't quite get my head around the fact that I will actually, literally be leaving. For the next installment of blog posts, I'll be dredging up the past to tell stories of my co-workers, my routines, and my life within these dilapidated cubicle walls.

I've spent much of my morning today going through drawers and packing up cube flair so that I might leave the office unfettered on my final day next week. Each picture brings up a memory, each note- a crestfallen laugh. Taped all around my computer are the below quotes, which have shepherded me through my journey here:

No coward soul is mine,
No trembler in the world's storm-troubled sphere:
I see Heaven's glories shine,
And faith shines equal, arming me from fear.
-Emily Bronte

Search others for their virtues, thyself for they vices.
-Benjamin Franklin

In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different.
-Coco Chanel

The tragedy of life is not so much what men suffer, but rather what they miss.
-Thomas Carlyle

Silly things do cease to be silly if they are done by sensible people in an impudent way.
-Jane Austen

Find something you're passionate about and keep tremendously interested in it.
-Julia Child

*

It's funny how quotes I've accumulated from my Franklin-Covey planner through the years flow so seamlessly to one absolute truth: Live honest, live humble, live well- and lead a life with no regrets.

1 comment:

  1. xo my darling! Wish I could pack up my cube too...ah well.

    ReplyDelete

Say something nice!