2.01.2010

30 Day Challenge- 1/6th of the way through!

Day Five- January 31st

I woke up feeling rejuvenated and ready to take on the world on Sunday morning so I busied myself with domestic duties which had been neglected during the week. After making Brett a modest breakfast of two eggs sunny side up, an English muffin and three pieces of turkey bacon, I prepared myself for an outing to Whole Foods, which Brett and I affectionately refer to as Whole Paycheck.

In hopes of maintaining and stabilizing my energy level for this endeavor, I procured a host of goodies including nut and seed bars, frozen berries, lots of fruit, whole grain bread, Tom Tom turkey sticks and any other protein laden snack I could get my hands on. I attempted to keep my purchases relatively modest since the store is only a few miles away. Even still, I managed to fork over just over a hundred bucks.

After my shopping was done I went about cleaning our fridge by disposing of dubious leftovers and frozen goods that were so overcome by freezer burn that I could no longer even tell what they were. Once everything was squared away it was time for me to get ready and go to class. I nervously asked Brett to look up who my instructor was and begged him that it please not be Penni—but sure enough, it was. Don’t get me wrong, I love her signature brand of butt-kicking, but considering the weakness of my class the day before I wasn’t sure I could handle another tough go. But alas, I had no choice.

I arrived to the studio and anxiously told Penni my intention of heading to teacher training to which she cheerily replied “You are?! Of COURSE you are!!!” I confided that if I can make it through her classes, I can definitely endure whatever Bikram will put me through. She was excited and supportive, which renewed my flagging confidence.

Practice ended up being phenomenal. I had a ton of energy and flexibility and I managed to stay strong and focused for the entire 90 minutes. Penni even noted that she couldn’t remember the last time a class had been as focused and determined as we all seemed to be. I was practically grinning by the end- thrilled that on my fifth day in, despite having a few extremely challenging classes; I was able to bust out a great one. I realized that if I take this one day at a time, I just might make it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something nice!