2.19.2010

30 Day Challenge! There is no heat?

Day 23- February 18th

I felt lukewarm during practice and it’s difficult for me to determine whether or not I’ve reached some sort of higher state of being or if the room was in fact cooler than usual. I still stood dripping on my mat, but the heat was neither taxing nor oppressive.

For the first time since my challenge began I was taught by Frances, a darling girl I've seen practicing in the studio before but have never had the good fortune of being one of her students. I found myself hanging off her every word. She spoke frankly and without flourish, her words decorated by a smile I felt permeating the room. She had just come back from attending the Yoga Asana Championships in LA and took a class with Bikram whilst there. As a result of practicing with the genius himself, she was able to offer a few nuggets of inspiration that changed the way I considered my postures. It's interesting to think that even though all of my instructors so brilliantly and concisely explain each movement, having Frances say one particular thing differently was able to affect me so greatly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something nice!