2.20.2010

30 Day Challenge! A Good Friday


Day 24- February 19th

At risk of sounding too hippy dippy and metaphysical, I'm recognizing a change within myself. It's as though all the ideas and revelations I've had over the course of the past 24 days have been baking in the warmth of the yoga room. I'm more aware of myself. More aware of the actions I take and thoughtful of the consequences they may have.

Friday nights continue to be my favorite night to go to yoga for a million little reasons--one of them being that it's emancipatory from the work week. On the island of my yoga mat, I drift away from the rigors of a two hour commute, the incessant ring of my phone, the steady stream of emails. I drift away from the banalities and land contentedly in my home away from home-- the yoga studio in which I've spent every single day for nearly the past month-- where everything comes so clearly into focus.

Going to yoga has become as much a part of my routine as brushing my teeth, combing my hair or putting on my mascara. It is as integral to my quotidian habits as going to sleep each night. No longer do I dread going to class or wish I could have my freedom instead-- as surely as I draw in breath, I go to my yoga with excitement, anticipation and ease.

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely adore that picture you drew! I am a total makeup junkie. I may have to "commision" a curly haired version of it because I love it so much! I still have our underwater picture you drew of us three that night at Sip :)

    ReplyDelete

Say something nice!